Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekly Wrap-up for March 11, 2012: Big Breath.

I have a million and a half things to do today, so I am probably going to cut this short. This week has been crazy busy, and this is really the first time I feel like I can take a big breath and relax!

I successfully finished my first week back at school, and considered everything, it went really well. The juniors had ACT and MME testing for three days, so I was proctoring the exam two mornings. We also had conferences on Thursday night, so that was a fun time. They were actually the easiest conferences I've ever had since I had only seen the kids a couple of days!

I've been working hard trying to get everything set up and ready. I'm starting The Hunger Games this week with one of my classes, so I had to plan and prep the whole unit last week. I only have a couple of things left to do for it, but I'm confident the unit is going to be awesome. :)

I got in a little bit of reading. Since I was prepping for the unit, I read through The Hunger Games real quick. It was my third read of the novel, but I was still addicted. :) I also got through a bit of A Clockwork Orange yesterday, and I am going to finish it today (I'm only allowing myself to do a few necessary items for school so that I can actually relax a bit). It is an interesting read, and I had to read the first two chapters a couple of time to get into the flow and vibe of the novel, but now I am hooked. :)

The only other big news for the week is The Classics Club, started by Jillian. It seems to have blown up, which makes my classics-loving heart so happy. :) You can see my own list on the designated page on my blog, or by clicking here. I had a hard time trying to decide how many books to list for it, so I decided to combine the remaining 114 titles from my original list to any that came to mind. Altogether, I have 450 classics on the new list. I'm going to keep adding to it as I stumble across more titles I want to get to. If you haven't joined in on the fun, you should!

Anyway, I'm going to go do a few hours of school work while Matt is gone (he's working this morning), then I am settling in with A Clockwork Orange before doing some cleaning.

Have a great week and happy reading!

6 comments:

  1. I had parents evening on Thursday too, I was pooped on Friday!

    Hope you get some time to relax this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Allies! Can't wait to hear about how your Hunger Games unit goes. I'm a new reader of the blog and after extensive reading of your old posts, I have to be honest - you're one of my favorite bloggers! I'm so excited to keep reading through your journey, and to see you around the Classics Club!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the weekend! I'm glad you decided to take some time for yourself today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you had a good week back at school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep seeing Classics Club posts everywhere, but haven't made my own because I know I have a tendency to love making lists, and then I'll just feel obligated to read from them until I hate the list completely, and of course I don't want to do that to my classics. Plus, I often include books that I don't know if I'll like, and imo, life's too short to read books - even classics - that aren't appealing to me. So I'd probably abandon a huge chunk of my list, and I'm sure that's against the rules too, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your first week teaching went well. I hope this week (and all the rest) go well too!

    I need to start visiting the various Classics Club posts. It's exciting to see so many people interested. I just hope I can keep up!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete