Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Belated Readathon!

Well, it is Wednesday afternoon, and I am coming off of three days without a sub job. Needless to say I am feeling grumpy, angry, and a little unproductive. I think I mentioned that part of the reason I keep so busy is because without something to do, I turn into a lazy slob. I've already hit that point.

So, I need some motivation to be productive for something, and the Belated Readathon this weekend hosted by Amanda at Dead White Guys is coming at the perfect time. The goal for the readathon is to read as much as possible on Saturday. It starts at 7am EST and goes until 7am on Sunday morning.

(You can follow that link above to be taken to the sign-up post if you want in).

I'm not making a set reading pile, since I am in the middle of a number of books. Most likely I will be reading some of the following:
  • Paradiso by Dante
  • Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
  • Walden by Henry David Thoreau
  • The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
Wish me luck!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck! And this sounds like fun. I may have to participate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck :) I think I may be joining you in reading S&S, and James as well, however I'm going with The Europeans, and it's shortness has nothing to do with it, no, not at all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! I'm glad you're joining. I'm in too. :-) I'll probably be reading Moby-Dick and Shakespeare. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the readathon. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the books listed above, particular on The Portrait of a Lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not officially joining this one, but any positive peer pressure to read like a maniac is a good thing. We'll see if I can pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I probably won't be participating, although I probably should...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This read-a-thon sounds like something I need. I feel like an unproductive slob because I haven't read much in the past few days. :-( Good luck on the read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blend of styles there: hope you find the read-a-thon gets you moving through your stack. Always nice to have company when you're reading, the kind of company that doesn't interrupt you all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck and I hope you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete