Friday, October 21, 2011

I'm In (The Readathon of course!)

I posted yesterday about my "maybe" intentions of joining in. Yesterday, I felt overwhelmed with the amount of things that I needed to do this weekend, so I figured it would be better for my sanity to do what I had to and skip the readathon.

But then I went to bed early last night and got a lot of rest. I woke up this morning determined to make my life easier this weekend. Somehow, I managed to finish grading my fifth hour's essays before their class (I did work through lunch) so I could give them back to them. This leaves me with my sixth hour's to complete this weekend. That was a huge weight off my shoulders. When I came home from work, I cleaned up the apartment, then sat down to finish Dracula.

And I feel like a huge weight has lifted from my shoulders. Because...well, I have been incredibly stressed the last couple of weeks. School has been a little chaotic, Matt's step-dad is having a hard time with his chemo, and well, the usual stress.

And after I realized tonight that I was feeling far more relaxed than I have in weeks, I decided that I NEED to participate tomorrow. I need to jump back in and feel like I am a breathing part of the book community.

So, at 8am I will be out of bed to complete my beginning memoir. I already have the husband slated to make me some breakfast in the morning. It will be a good day.

I also think that I am going to start by reading a "fun" title, just so I can truly relax and enjoy myself. :)

I'm so glad that I'm participating! See you all in the morning.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad your doing Readathon! Life can just be so overwhelming at times, but sometimes you just need to take a little time (say, 24 hours straight) to yourself to relax (say, by reading books for 24 hours straight). Have fun tomorrow, I'll be there right with you(well not in your house, because that'd be a bit creepy)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear that you'll be joining us. A whole day with good books sounds like exactly what you need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're going to be joining it. It's hard to fit it into previous commitments (especially in terms of school commitments), but I find that it actually is a relaxing way to spend a weekend. Sometimes I just have to step back from everything else and read a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that the Readathon gives you the break you need right now! See you there!

    ReplyDelete