Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday Salon: May 9, 2010.

I am glad that another week is done, but it seems like time has been moving fairly quickly recently. You agree?

I had a very full and busy week, with some subbing jobs and some others things going on with my summer job at the park. Things are starting to pick up, which is wonderful. We have a lot more going on so there is more to do. People are starting to come back on staff, which is always a good thing, as those of us who have been working can get a little sick of each other after a while.

In regards to reading, I have had an off couple of weeks, but it picked up over the last couple of nights. I honestly think my brain needed a rest, so I took a break. It seems like I am back on, however, as I flew through the next book of Sherlock Holmes stories, The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, in only a day. I also started The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy, which I am enjoying immensely.

I haven't had a chance to dive into Milton's Paradise Lost yet, and to be honest, I don't think now is the right time to get into something that requires my full focus. So perhaps in another month or two I'll be up to the challenge.

I have some great things planned for the coming month. Tomorrow will debut the first of what will hopefully be many "Classic Interviews." I hope you all tune in and think about participating. I would love to have you!

The vote for the first read-along I am hosting also ends today, so I hope you voted for the book of your choice! Either way, I'll definitely go with the top 2 choices and host two at the same time. It offers a little more variety and if one book doesn't suit your fancy, I hope the other one will.

I am hoping to get through the next Sherlock Holmes book of short stories this week (The Return of Sherlock Holmes), as well as finishing The Mayor of Casterbridge. I also have a week or two to finish up the LOST books challenge. Technically I could count The Brothers Karamazov towards it, but I feel like I need to read one more book solely for that purpose. We'll see what happens though.

Anyway, stay tuned for details about read-alongs on Tuesday, as well as other posts during the week. Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you might have 5 runners up for second place, so I hope you get a little more votes!

    Time is going real quick for me too. I wish I could find some extra time somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to enjoy Paradise Lost. At least, I enjoyed the bits I read for a class last year.
    Good luck this week :)

    ReplyDelete