Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Salon: April 25, 2010.

It is really hard to believe that April is almost over! Where is time going these days?

I had a pretty good week in terms of reading. I am still in the middle of the three books at left. While I did my post for The Count of Monte Cristo and the Classics Circuit on Friday, I still have a little left to finish. It is a phenomenal novel and I think i just bit off a little more than I could chew doing it along with a few other things.

I am also still working on the second collection of Sherlock Holmes short stories. They have fallen by the wayside in the last week as I have been chipping away at the two big novels, but I really want to get through them by the end of the month.

The Brothers Karamazov
has been a pleasant surprise and my last post over the 4th part and my feelings about the book as a whole will be posted on Thursday. I will be glad to wrap up all of these books. I find it hard to concentrate on so many different books at once. My mind is going all different directions as I read them! At least with reading the short stories I can settle in with one story in one quick sitting and not be bothered.

I did really enjoy the read-along and would love to do more of them in the future. It makes reading the harder books a little easier, since I almost feel like I have to get posts up to meet my commitment. Odd, isn't it? I did join a Paradise Lost read-along with Rebecca Reads. Paradise Lost is another title that intimidates me, so I hope to get through it unscathed. Speaking if intimidating titles, what books scare you off??

Goals for this week are to finish the three books I have in progress: The Brothers Karamazov, The Count of Monte Cristo, and The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes.

Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. I hope you finish all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of books that scare me - the Brothers K is one of them! Or most books by Russian authors, because I've tended to have bad experiences, sadly. :/

    I'm glad you're liking Count. I really hated that book. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that most books labelled a "classic" scare me off, I'm still figuring out why that is, since I usually enjoy reading them when I finally dare to. Recently, I started reading Anna Karenina and that books has been sitting on my shelves for years. That definitely was one of the scariest books, to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful and ambitious focus here. Glad to see you have covered several that I have read as well including The Count of Monte Cristo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine reading so many complicated books at the same time! My hat's off to you! I loved how The Brothers Karamazov picked up, and I, too, finished it. We'll have a lot to talk about Thursday, spoilers be d..med! I loved The Count of Monte Cristo, and I'd like to read The Three Muketeers sometime. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed the readalong as well and am considering joining the Paradise Lost one. We'll see if BK has completely drained me, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooo! Keep it up Allie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mayb I should have read Dumas instead of Zola for the Classics Circuit. ::sigh:: I think I would have appreciated the swashbuckling more than what I did read.

    ReplyDelete