Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-A-Thon Post 7.

I can now add The Call of the Wild to the list of books completed today (woot!). It was a book I grabbed on a whim to read and I am going to continue with that whim-grabbing philosophy.

A few weeks ago I saw a post over at Eva's blog about Jane Austen's Persuasion. That is the only Austen novel I have never read! I figure it is about time to give it a go. I am in need of some romance and normality, after reading 11 short story mysteries, Vonnegut's weird tale of Billy Pilgrim, and a short novel about doggies.

Yep. I need some females!

With that, I am done trying to get through Part 2 The Brothers Karamazov (I am too tired to concentrate on it) and I simply cannot get into Heart of Darkness right now. And that is AOK. I have other books on my shelf and these can be set aside for a bit.

So here is my question to all of you out there-How is your family reacting to this process? Do they think you are all crazy? My mom and sister seem supportive. But I am not sure what Matt thinks yet. I was at work this morning and by the time I got home, he was at work, so he hasn't been home to tease me yet, but he should be here within the hour. I wonder how he will react to my telling him I have read so much today!

(He did know I was doing this, but he can be forgetful at times and I am sure he has forgotten about it already).

Onward with my girl Jane!!

3 comments:

  1. Great job!

    I don't even bother to explain to my family. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with Persuasion! It might be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey, you are who you are, just like your sister and brothers are who they are. I have accepted that a long time ago and I am perfectly content with who my children are and what strange things they attempt to do. I think it is awesome that you are doing this. What would life be if everyone did the ordinary? Keep going and enjoy. I just hope you get enough sleep for work tomorrow. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete