Saturday, April 10, 2010

Finally Home From Work! Read-a-Thon Post 4.

I just got off work and made it home. I have been awake for over 13 hours, but haven't gotten to read for all of them!

At work, I managed to banish myself to the booth to sell permits for 3 and a half hours. During that time period, I finished both The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Slaughterhouse-Five. I also started The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes. That amounts to about 250 pages! I am pretty stoked!

I really enjoyed the short stories. Here are the titles of the Holmes stories I flew through earlier (I finished the other two Holmes stories last night, so they don't count. The ones that are missing are A Scandal in Bohemia and The Red-Headed League):
  1. A Case of Identity
  2. The Boscombe Valley Mystery
  3. The Five Orange Pips
  4. The Man with the Twisted Lip
  5. The Blue Carbuncle
  6. The Speckled Band
  7. The Engineer's Thumb
  8. The Noble Bachelor
  9. The Beryl Coronet
  10. The Copper Beeches
  11. Silver Blaze (This one is from The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes).
I was incredibly productive, while still selling passes to the lovely park patrons.

I really enjoyed the stories. They were short enough to read in spurts, and a huge contrast to finishing Slaughterhouse-Five.

Right now I am going to go grab something quick to eat and nestle in with The Brothers Karamazov. I would love to get the next part done in anticipation of Thursday's post.

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations for finishing all those short stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books, books
    They're everywhere
    How you read them
    We don't care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Austen, Hemingway
    Rushdie, Poe
    When it comes to reading
    You’re a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are making great headway
    Keep up the reading, don’t let that head sway
    Eyes on the page and coffee in hand
    You’ll be entering a new land.

    GO READER!

    ReplyDelete