Saturday, April 10, 2010

Change of Pace. Read-a-Thon Post 5.

After making my last post, I decided I needed a small change of place. I needed to rest my eyes a bit, since all that reading in the booth seems to have tired me out. So, I took an hour and a half break before diving back into reading it.

I feel more refreshed, but my 3 am wake-up call is starting to wear me down. I don't know what I was thinking and I really want to push through until 3 am, but I am not sure how I am going to manage to fit off the heavy eyelids.

Anyway, I tried to get into Heart of Darkness. But, it was putting me to sleep. I stood and stared at my bookshelf for a bit before deciding on The Call of the Wild. It is short, so I hope to finish it within this coming hour.

My mom is also bring me dinner, which is very nice of her. :)

Now it is back to finish the 100 or so pages left (I've read another 50 total) in The Call of the Wild before starting something else-perhaps The Count of Monte Cristo.

2 comments:

  1. Austen, Hemingway
    Rushdie, Poe
    When it comes to reading
    You’re a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A story to me means a plot where there is some surprise. Because that is how life is- full of surprises", by Isaac Bashevis Singer. I hope your day is full of book surprises. Happy Reading!
    Readthon Cheeleader and Follower

    ReplyDelete