Saturday, April 10, 2010

And So It Begins....Read-a-thon Post 1.

Well, I woke up 20 minutes ago and after having a steaming cup of tea, I am only half-awake. But, I have a lot of lofty goals for today, so I need to get an early start.

I was a pro at pulling all-nighters in college. For all but one semester, I maxed out on the number of credits you could take (20), so I had a big work load (Remember, I earned two Bachelor's degrees, a minor, and most of my teaching certificate in 4 years). So I am used to being tired and still getting the job done.

I think the goal for this morning is to read some more of Sherlock Holmes. I am thisclose to finishing The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, which is the first collection of short stories. I am also thisclose to finishing Slaughterhouse-Five and I would love to have both of those finished before I leave for work at 7:20.

I hope to post again before leaving for work. I'll just give you a reminder now that I am going to have some posts scheduled to pop up while I am at work. They are mainly backlogged posts about things I have already finished reading, or they might be things I finish this morning (a couple of poems in particular). Enjoy! And Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. Traditional read-a-thon blessing:

    May the bookshelf be there to greet you.
    May all the books appeal.
    May the fridge be full of tasty snacks;
    the words fall soft upon your eyes and until the read-a-thon ends,
    may you always hold a book in the palm of your hand.

    Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherlock Holmes? Good choice in reading material! Good luck today with your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing well. Good luck with Sherlock. I'm sticking with very light reads. I'm spending too much time blogging to read much!

    I just became a follower. Your 100th! I'd love to see you stop in and become a follower, too!

    www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    BTW, I'm not really French...just a wannabe!

    ReplyDelete