Thursday, October 1, 2009

Book 4: Finished.

With the weather acting a little odd recently in Michigan, I have been plagued with some headaches (fronts moving in give me instant headaches). After finishing my DJ paperwork for my upcoming wedding last night with Matt, I attempted to go to sleep to get rid of the ache. I ended up waking up at 12:30 and for the life of me, I could not get back to sleep.

I ended up grabbing Pride and Prejudice with the intentions of reading until I felt sleepy. I usually read before bed anyway and I was thinking that my body just missed that routine. I didn’t end up going to bed until 2:00 when I shut the back cover of the book. I couldn’t help it. I got sucked in and I just finished it.

I’ve read it quite a few times, but I still get so moved by Darcy’s actions in the last half of the book. More than anything he wants to win her over and he wants to show her the man he can be. It just touches me every time.

I’m glad to be done with Pride and Prejudice. It’s a favorite of mine and I’m glad I got the opportunity to read it again, but its time for something more. And for me to gain new favorites.

1 comment:

  1. Will diffently read it when I am done with An Echo in the Bone.

    ReplyDelete